LAKE WACCAMAW UMC – WORSHIP PROTOCOLS
Our re-entry committee met (virtually) to discuss worship opportunities and implemented them Sunday, August 15. Our immediate concern is everyone’s health and well-being. To that end, we implore each congregant to please make wise choices and please use best practices as we come together again.
- We will adhere to the following protocols, similar to those implemented previously.
- We will enter the building as before, from the doors by the kitchen OR by the single door at the back of the educational building.
- As temperatures have not proven to be a good indicator of Covid, we will NOT be taking them.
- Let’s be mindful of “social distancing” as we arrive. This new variant is much more contagious!
- Nobody’s a fan but masks are required. We can wear our own or use one that is available at the entry.
- There will be no bulletins but announcements will be sent via “FlockNotes”.
- For the 9am service, 3 chairs will remain empty between family units.
- For the 11am service, designated pews will be available for seating. Please sit as family units as much as possible.
- There will be music but only “whisper singing” or humming under the protection of our masks. (No choir)
- Children’s Time will require the little ones to spread out.
- Pastor Dalma will direct us on when and where to depart after each service. It is hard to remember but please continue to remain socially distanced during this time.
- The fellowship hall will be disinfected after the 9am service. Due to the “life expectancy” of the virus on surfaces, the sanctuary will not be disinfected. Any virus contaminants left in the sanctuary will nonviable well before the next Sunday service.
- We will also wear masks during Sunday school.
- In order to better “socially distance”:
- Lake Cove Class – 10am – Atrium
- Jeff Clarke’s Class – 10am – Wesley Room or Lake Cove Room
- Both Tuesday Bible Studies will meet in the fellowship hall.
- One recorded service will be available each Sunday, alternating between 9 and 11am.
Again, worship is our desire but everyone’s health is right up there with it! We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with these protocols. When warranted, changes will be made.